Date:      Mon, 07 Sep 1998 01:11:27 +0100
From:      "Chris R." <c.raven@ukonline.co.uk>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
Cc:        AliasBSD@aol.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Win95?

Jonathan Chen wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Sep 1998 AliasBSD@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to have FreeBSD and Win95 running on the system?  My girlfriend
> > want have a clue on how to use the BSD system and I was hoping i could have
> > both OS's on my computer.  Is it possible?
>
> Yes, but not at the same time.

To clarify, that means you can have them both on the same hard drive, but only one
can be running at any given time - i.e. you either boot to windows '95 or to FreeBSD
using the FreeBSD boot manager (included at installation). Install Windows '95
before FreeBSD else Windows will mess up the FreeBSD installation - works fine if
you install Windows first.

Chris R.