Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 22:04:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: 3 days to E-day

I'm a -current user because I have an SMP machine, but I haven't
upgraded since before the intermediate ELF changes moved the aout
versions to /usr/lib/aout.  After E-day occurs, what will users see
when upgrading to a current -current?  Will /usr/lib contain elf
format libraries, and /usr/lib/aout contain a.out format libraries for
compatibility?  When 3.0 is released in October, will it only have elf
libraries, and no a.out format libraries?