Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:28:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Piechota <piechota@argolis.org>
To:        Albert Martinez <albertem@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Albert Martinez wrote:

> Hmm, interesting, virus delivery via attachments on a security list.  What
> reason is there for this list to allow attachments?  Why wouldn't somebody
> protect themselves from these virii?

This one rolls around just about everytime a virus does come along.  The
reason for attachments is every so often people will post up a patch or a
log file as an attachment.  This was regarded as "A good thing".  I do
protect myself from the attachments, I use a UNIX mail reader that doesn't
try to give me a great email experience.

The more indepth answers for this debate are in the archives.

--
Matt Piechota