Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 2015 16:03:40 +0000
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>, freebsd-cloud@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: EC2 AMIs will be available from snapshot builds

--ftEhullJWpWg/VHq

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 01:46:22PM +0000, Steve Wills wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 03:33:52PM -0700, Colin Percival wrote:
> > Hi cloudy people,
> >=20
> > I've walked Glen through using my EC2 AMI-building additions to the rel=
ease
> > code, and he has successfully built AMIs for the latest 11-CURRENT and
> > 10-STABLE snapshots -- so with luck, there should be weekly(ish) AMIs m=
ade
> > available in the future.
>=20
> Did this happen? If so, where can I find the images? Looking in the public
> images list on Amazon, I see for example ami-79bf5512 which looks like the
> latest snapshot, but there's nothing indicating who created it, so I'm
> uncertain.
>=20

Yes, this did happen.  The AMIs are now auto-published as a part of the
weekly snapshot builds.  These are announced on the -snapshots@ list,
but this past week's builds were not announced (nor published), except
the AMIs, since there were a few things that were being fixed on a day
after day basis, and I didn't get a chance to do a rebuild before
leaving BSDCan.  New builds will be available either today or tomorrow,
once I have a chance to update a few configuration files and do a few
MFCs.

Glen

--ftEhullJWpWg/VHq

--ftEhullJWpWg/VHq--