Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 1997 10:46:00 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdisp@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        xiyuan@npc.haplink.co.cn (xiyuan qian)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, xiyuan@npc.haplink.co.cn
Subject:   Re: Need your suggestions!

> Hi, I can not get more IP addresses from my upper ISP. But my users are growing

could you announce this isp so that people might be able to avoid their services?

> very fast. So, I am planning to move all my services into an inner network,
> then setup a proxy host to go outside. Is that possible? Will it be very slow?

i dont think it will be that sane sollution for a long time period,
might work for a while, but eventually it'll blow up from some corner...

> Where can I get a better proxy software? Is there anyone do like that?
> I am really not certain about this plan. I really need your suggestions!

find another linking ISP, and in your case, i would call your ISP a IUP,
internet UNservice providor.

any sensible and worth-to-do-business-with ISP would assign more IP space
if the customer can clearly show there _IS_ a need for those addresses.

that is the way internet should work, and i'm sure from a request atleast
i would be more than happy questioning the motives of your ISP if they
really refuse to hand out the address space. i might be a little biased, but
it seems to me there's too many ISPs out there who only want to make the
profit...

> --xiyuan

mickey