Date:      Wed, 14 May 2003 13:06:42 -0500
From:      Jesus Cash <jesuscash@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yahoo!!!

Mandrake was my Linux as choice as well. I totally see what you mean.
These major distros are getting to be just like MS. Proprietary and
bloated. I've mentioned this before, but I tried install Red Hat 9 on my
dinky laptop, thinking I could just strip it down to basics. Nope, just
said your computer is crap and can't install Red Hat 9.  Once I can get
some working floppies (mine all crapped out when I carried them
unprotected in my laptop bag) I'll install FreeBSD on it. Maybe I'll try
my hand at loading OS/2 (I'm a little worried about trying to run
XFree86 or any desktop on it).

-B