Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:00:21 -0700
From:      "'Mike'" <mike@coloradosurf.com>
To:        Drew Weaver <drew.weaver@thenap.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache question

Drew,

Yes. Yes. No, and Yes.

From: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html

"The suEXEC feature -- introduced in Apache 1.2 -- provides Apache
users the ability to run CGI and SSI programs under user IDs
different from the user ID of the calling web-server."

suexec will not run the script if it is owned by root.

I simply desire to run scripts as the virtually hosted user. Virtual
hosting is clearly enabled by default. cgi as root? Yes, bad, very
bad.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

mike