Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:05:06 -0400
From:      "Dave [Hawk-Systems]" <dave@hawk-systems.com>
To:        "Aaron Weiker" <aaron@weiker.org>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <clint@kconline.com>
Subject:   RE: Re: Livingston Radius

>> Personally I'd go with another radius server if you can as (for a start)
>> I believe Livingston radius isn't being maintained, and it's not very
>> expandable or modular compared to some other ones around nowadays.
>> (I know this from experience I had when I had to add features to the
>> code for a past employer, it wasn't fun :)
>
>I'm using freeradius which seems to be one of the more flexible that
>I've seen. I believe it to be better than some of the ones that cost
>thousands of dollars. But this is my opionon.

XTradius in the ports is nice if you are a heavy perl/shell scripter... option
to pump all authentication our to external scripts which open the door for
database auth, and other customization without having to deal with restrictions
of the radius server.  For our use anyway works great (isp with virtual
resellers and heavy Cisco AVPair returns to the NAS).

Cheers,

Dave