Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 1995 15:15:27 -0400
From:      Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>
To:        gryphon@healer.com, terry@lambert.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@freebs.org, kelly@fsl.noaa.gov
Subject:   Re: ports startup scripts

From: Terry
> +> hard-disks down around our ankles, the need for diskless FreeBSD machines
> +> is functionally NIL. If someone really wants that setup, they have to
> +> configure the remote server anyway, to server the root file-system for
> +> that machine. What's so hard about configuring it for each machine?

> Lab full of nominally DOS machines which you wish to subvert to BSD
> using netboot and msdosfs.  8-).

Wait, you want to keep the existing DOS partition and boot it FreeBSD?

If you just want to use the machines as FreeBSD machines then all you
need to do is use whatever disk is in there (40MB is easily enough for
local config and remote boot information).

Otherwise you'd be booting off what: a floppy?

-coranth

Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>      |  "Faith Manages."      |
                                          |        - Satai Delenn  |
Phone: 603-598-3440   Fax: 603-598-3430   +------------------------+
USMail: 3 Hansom Drive, Merrimack, NH  03054
Disclaimer: All these words are yours, except Europa...