Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 1996 12:27:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        mcnab@bayarea.net
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: catching /etc/rc output

(redirected to -chat..)

> |At one point I had rewritten some of SunOS's startup scripts to redirect all
> |output to a file, this was sorta useful.  One could conceivably "tail -f"
> |the file to the console to obtain functionality similar to what you ask for.
>
>      C'mon.  Everyone knows that real hackers use a
> console teletype 8^).  (Hmm, let's see... adb /unix...
> just tweak this one little memory location... chatter
> chatter chatter... uh oh...)

Actually..

Real hackers don't need a console I/O device to know what is going on.

Real hackers in training can place their hand over the console serial port,
sensing and interpreting the electrical impulses.

Real hackers can place their hand on the machine itself and not only
determine the console output, but also diagnose and debug a hundred other
problems.

Expert hackers need only be located within a few miles of a computer in
order to use an ESP-like talent to do all this and even more.

:-)

... JG