Date:      Tue, 9 Jun 2020 23:45:28 -0600
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Json-c, bind, and updating

This has happened in the past, but it happened again this weekend when =
an update to ;ibjson-c did not update bind, rendering bind unable to =
load libjson-c.so.4 because it had been replaced with libjson-c.so.5.

In a rush I simply linked libjson-c.so.4 -> libjson-c.so.5 and all is =
happy AFAICT. Well, at least functional.

There is no update listed for bind because, evidently, "The dns/bind914 =
port moved to dns/bind916 Reason: Has expired: End of life, please =
migrate to a newer version of BIND9" is not an "update". I mean, yes, =
this is correct, but it seems less than helpful. And yet, if I try to =
install bund914, it will install 916, so there is an update.

Especially when Bind-tools is happily updated to 9.16

The following actions were performed:
        Re-installation of bind-tools-9.16.3_1
        Upgrade of bind914-9.14.11 to bind916-9.16.3_2

Sure would have been nice if this had shown up as an available update.

--=20
he'd moved like music, like someone dancing to a rhythm inside his
	head. And his face for a moment in the moonlight was the skull =
of
	an angel=E2=80=A6