Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:24:27 +0200
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TEST REQUEST: USB stable MFC.

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:30:25 +0100
Josef Karthauser <joe@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

JK> Dear USB users,
JK>
JK> We have made a patch available of the USB stack in -current, back
JK> ported to -stable.  I am looking for feedback from USB users as to
JK> whether it works or not so that we can consider incorporating it into
JK> the next stable release.

	I tried it on my Asus A7V333 based box, it didn't go well.

	With devices attached it locks up after detecting the hubs.
The devices are an HP 970Cxi printer, an Epson 1240U scanner and the
receiver for my ATI remote control (which I was hoping to get going).
Pulling them out and rebooting I get this:

uhub0: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub1: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub0: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub0: port error, restarting port 2
uhub1: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub2: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub2: port error, restarting port 1
uhub2: port error, giving up port 1
uhub2: port error, restarting port 2
uhub2: port error, giving up port 2
uhub3: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub3: port error, restarting port 1
uhub3: port error, giving up port 1
uhub3: port error, restarting port 2
uhub3: port error, giving up port 2

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun