Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:38:00 +0000
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do basic OS principles continue to improve?

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 08:52:08AM +0100, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
| > I wonder if this could be part of the conspiracy
| > theory that once XP is well-circulated, MS will
| > attempt to force net users into a new 'safe and
| > secure' IP protocol that only MS machines will
| > support.  Rumor has it this 'safe' protocol might
| > already be ready and waiting inside XP or perhaps
| > SP1.
|
| Amazing.
|
| Rumor has it that Proctor and Gamble has Satanist imagery in its logo, too,
| but as with this rumor, there is no truth to it.
|
| It's best not to spread rumors unless they are confirmed as facts.

Thank you, I appreciate that, but this isn't the same type of rumor.
It's been suggested in print, and it's certainly well within the realm
of the behavior we'd expect from the monopoly leveraging behemoth.

Besides, if it really were true, wouldn't they love if no one talked
about it until it was too late?

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.