Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:08:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   BSDI -> Freebsd

We will be moving part of our ISP services to some rackmount 1u's that
have been ordered from BSDI. They will have FreeBSD installed on them of
course.

The services we will be moving are web, mail and radius authentication. As
we have everything on BSD/OS right now my main concern is moving the user
passwd files over.

How interchangeable are the passwd files between FBSD and BSD/OS? Ideally
it would be nice to be able to copy the /etc/shells and /etc/groups files
and have them the same as the BSD/OS machine then if possible copy over
the master.passwd file from the BSD/OS box to the FreeBSD box then run
pwd_mkdb(8) on the FreeBSD machine.

That just sounds too simple though. Are they similiar enough to acutally
do that?

Thanks for any info.
Keith