Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 00:11:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        Adam Strohl <adams@digitalspark.net>, "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual Celeron + FreeBSD?

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

	Speaking about Celerons, even though this has nothing to do with
SMP.  What level of performance should one expect out of a Celeron 266
Slot 1 which has no cache at all.  It seems that with that CPU, the system
would freeze for a short while every once in awhile while in the shell or
in a application like pine, is this normal?

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]