Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2002 14:50:05 -0400
From:      Munish Chopra <mchopra@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
To:        FreeBSD current users <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: KSE M-III status & junior hacker project.

On 2002-07-07 11:46 +0000, Josef Karthauser wrote:

> I've absolutely no idea what's causing it, but I'm still having random reboots
> of current after some uptime with no dumps.  I'll install a new kernel
> today and report back if it still happens.  Maybe someone can help me to
> track it down.

Same happens to me, in addition the file systems aren't unmounted
cleanly even if I manually shut down the machine. I built world with
sources from around 11:30PM EST yesterday, and so far I've had only one
random reboot (so I guess it's 'partly fixed'), as opposed to one every
hour on average. I only caught something useful on one of the reboots as
I was hanging around the console for a while:

panic: lockmgr: draining against myself

syncing disks... panic: bwrite: buffer is not busy ???

This was before my latest world/kernel. I'm about to build world again
in the hope that something has fixed it. I'm assuming that my initial
worries that KSE was causing this may be wrong and it's the vfs changes
that have been going in lately (correct me if I'm way off here).

--
Munish Chopra     The FreeBSD NVIDIA Driver Initiative
                  http://nvidia.netexplorer.org