Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 00:13:43 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Robinson <wigstah@akitanet.co.uk>
To:        James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
Cc:        spork <spork@super-g.com>, Dominik Brettnacher <domi@saargate.de>, "danny@FreeBSD.ORG" <danny@FreeBSD.ORG>, jabley@patho.gen.nz, dom@happygiraffe.net, brian@awfulhak.org, nik@FreeBSD.ORG, lee@uk.freebsd.org, freebsd-users@uk.freebsd.org, brian@hak.lan.awfulhak.org, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ispsetup (was: Re: FreeBSD in Dixons)

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, James Wyatt wrote:

> Amen! I kinda wish it would install a tarball to the HD and start a
> background process to unpack it... Maybe make a metaport that has just
> enough of the ports setup to ask for the rest. There could be a file in
> the dist directory with the ports tree. - Jy@

Yeah, OpenBSD does a ports.tar.gz , but then it also does man.tar.gz,
bin.tar.gz, etc... kinda sweet, as an additional choice if you just can't
be bothered CVS'ing and like me feel far more efficient FTP'ing one
file and tar zxvf'ing it... :) I'm weird like that though...

--
Paul Robinson - Developer/Systems Administrator @ Akitanet Internet