Date:      Sun, 16 May 1999 12:50:15 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Suggestion for make world

I have a suggested change for make world that would be easy for anyone
who knows what they are doing to add.

It would help me a lot if the last thing that make world did was to
print:

make world finished

Similarly for make buildworld and make installworld.  I notice that
make World for XFree86 has this.

The reason it would help me is because I start a make buildworld, then
I leave the computer for a while (typically go to sleep as I do it at
night).  Well, for some reason when I get back to it the computer has
rebooted or has been switched off - many reasons - brownouts, wife switches
it off, system panics (yes I had those a couple of times).  In all those
times I fairly sure that my make buildworld/make installworld finished,
but it would be nice to be absolutely sure.

Thanks, Stephen

--

Stephen Montgomery-Smith              stephen@math.missouri.edu
307 Math Science Building             stephen@showme.missouri.edu