Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:25:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Scott Rossillo" <scott@rossillo.net>
To:        "Troy " <freebsd@untoldfaith.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Three Quick Questions

~ Scott

> At 15:51 2003-06-02 -0600, Troy wrote:
>>Hello,
>>Three quick questions here.
>>When installing ports how do I pass switches?
>>ex. make --args install  (is this how?)
>
> Yes, generally, this is how you do it.

>>If  I  am connected via ssh and get disconnected how do I login and kill
>>the old
>>session?
>
> You shouldnt need to. If you mean that you want to kill some application
> that you started
> in your old session, then try the kill (man kill) command.

The old session will eventually die off, but if you really want to kill
it, type:

-- Note the TTY of your old connection
ps -ax | grep ssh
-- Find the PID (1st column) of the sshd that matches username@ttypX,
where X is the TTY from w's output.
kill -9 PID
-- FIll in the correct PID for the old shh session from above.
Typing "w" again should show that the connection is now dead.