Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 1996 09:05:09 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        devet@adv.IAEhv.nl (Arjan de Vet)
Subject:   Re: Direct UUCP stopped working but UUCP via PPP still works

As Arjan de Vet wrote:

> I recently bought a new PC and upgraded from 2.1.0 to 2.1.5 at the same
> time. Everything kept working fine except for UUCP transfers directly over
> the modem: I get an enormous amount of checksum errors.

> Does anybody recognize these symptoms?

Sorry, no, only the opposite: i'm using UUCP quite extensively, but
haven't seen problems like this.  (The remote site is running FreeBSD
2.1.0.)

Are you sure your hardware handshake to the modem is okay?  While this
would not explain the difference between 2.1R and 2.1.5R, it would
explain the difference between UUCP over modem and UUCP over TCP.

--
cheers, J"org