Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 1997 22:27:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sun Workshop compiler vs. GCC?

On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Jake Hamby wrote:

> I also suggest that FreeBSD add a splash screen with clearly printed
> directions on how to bypass it to see the hardware probes underneath.

The windows 95 splash screen disappears at the press of Escape,
revealing whatever is going on on the console (not much usually).
I'd hazzard a guess that anyone clever enough to know what the
FreeBSD probe messages mean is probably clever enough to figure
out "Escape" within about 4 keystrokes.  :)

-john