Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2001 19:29:58 -0500
From:      Jim Mock <mij@osdn.com>
To:        SF <lists@stevenfettig.com>
Cc:        Freebsd-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Best way to mount CD-ROM (newbie question)

On Sun, 04 Mar 2001 at 22:43:34 -0600, SF wrote:
> Amazingly enough, I've been working for some months with a number of
> FreeBSD systems and I finally had a need to mount the CD-ROM drive to
> the system.  The only way I could get it to work is by using the
> mount_cd9660 command (i.e. mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom).  I am used
> to mounting cd's using linux and usually had used the mount command to
> do so.  Is there a better way to do this (i.e. *more* right)?

There are a few different ways to do it:

   * Use the command you're using.

   * mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom, which is essentially the same as
     what you're using

   * mount /cdrom

All 3 methods should work.  Choose whichever is easier for you to
remember or faster to type :-)

- jim

--
- jim mock <mij@osdn.com> - O|S|D|N - open source development network -