Date:      Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:56:50 +0200
From:      Jacob Atzen <jacob@aub.dk>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   LSI 1020 mpt problem

Hi,

This message was recently posted to freebsd-questions but as I haven't
gotten an answer there I will now try here. I apologize if this is bad
netiquette.

I've just gotten my hands on a server with a LSI 1020 controller.
Unfortunately when I try to boot the server off my 5.3 CD I get an error
message stating that "mpt0: bullet missed in timeout". This error
message will just repeat itself until the machine is turned off.

I'm unable to find the 1020 in the hardware notes for 5.x but the big
brother 1030 is there. Also 1020 is supported in FreeBSD in the 4.x
series. Can I assume that the 1020 is supported in 5.x or has support
been dropped for some reason? And if it is supported, what may then be
the reason for the error message?

I guess I should note that I'm not very experienced with scsi
configuration, so if there's something obvious I'm missing please do
tell me.

--
Thanks,
- Jacob Atzen