Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:51:35 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the recommended LinuxEmulator and kernel that will run skype-devel and maybe Flash9

Quoting Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org> (from Sun, 16 Mar 2008 =20
15:50:56 +0100):

> On Sunday 16 March 2008 14:06:18 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Quoting Roman Divacky <rdivacky@freebsd.org> (Sun, 16 Mar 2008  =20
>> 11:23:36 +0100):
>>>
>>> I seriously doubt that... NPTL is 2.6 stuff
>>
>> Wasn't 2.4.20 the backport of the NPTL stuff from RedHat? Or do I mix
>> this with futexes or something else?
>
> Both NPTL and futexes I think. I found a short overview at
> http://kernelslacker.livejournal.com/85039.html

Nice and interesting list there... in case someone stumbles about a =20
list of syscalls which changed from one linux kernel version to =20
another, I would be interested.

> It isn't really necessary to support this imho.

That's basically what is behind my "either use 2.4.2 or 2.6.16".

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Machines that have broken down will work perfectly when the
repairman arrives.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137