Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:19:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   x11amp & luigi's sound driver

I'm running 2.2.7-stable using Luigi's sound drivers. The sound card I
have registers as:

CSN 1 Vendor ID: CSC0b35 [0x350b630e] Serial 0xffffffff
mss_attach <CS4236>1 at 0x530 irq 5 dma 1:0 flags 0x10
pcm1 (CS423x/Yamaha <CS4236> sn 0xffffffff) at 0x530 irq 5 drq 1 flags
0x10 id 1 3

all I have in my kernel is :

controller pnp0
device pcm0 at isa ? port? tty irq 5 drq 1 vector pcmintr

The sound drivers work well for everything else that I've tried
(mpg123, rvplayer5.0, etc).
I'm trying to use x11amp, which says it requires the OSS sound
drivers. I figured that I might as well give it a shot. I give
getting:

Incompatible OSS Driversoss sysinfo=0: 0
Unable to get fragment size

So, does this mean that I cannot run x11amp? or that I have ocnfigured
something wrong?

Thanks
viren
--
Viren R. Shah
"Design is the successful application of constraints until