Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:08:06 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua>
Cc:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: www/64120: /mnt/www/en/ports/needs to be re-run

--bKyqfOwhbdpXa4YI

On 2004.03.12 00:47:50 +0200, Alexey Zelkin wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 02:10:14PM -0800, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> =20
> >  The proper solution is of course not to use INDEX from CVS but a fresh=
ly
> >  build one, but I don't have the time to implement that at the moment.
>=20
> IMO, The proper solution is to leave it as is.  Even using INDEX www/en/p=
orts
> is most time and cpu consuming part (except *maybe* doc/) of www tree.
> We don't need to get www builder machine into yet another ports index
> tester.

I didn't make myself clear enough.  I don't want the WWW build to build
ports/INDEX - I agree that would be a bad idea.

The idea I have been thinking about was e.g. using the INDEX file
already generated elsewhere (e.g. the INDEX tinderbox kris already runs)
for the build on www.  But it was just an idea, and I have no plans to
work on that at the moment.  Also I haven't looked more closely into the
consequences of doing this (with regards to mirrors).

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team

--bKyqfOwhbdpXa4YI