Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:23:59 +0100
From:      "Oliver Blasnik" <oliver.blasnik@nextra.de>
To:        "Dave VanAuken" <dave@hawk-systems.com>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Intel SR2100 rackmount server with SCSI - compatibility?

Hi there,

Dave asked about:
> Intel SR2100 Chassis w/4 HotSwap SCSI Bays
> Intel STL2 Motherboard w/Ultra 160 Scsi, 64Bit PCI

> problems with SCSI, not sure if specifically RAID.

We do use them (and the previous 2150), with and without Raidcontroller (ICP,
AMD), with single- and dual CPU, with single- and dual power supply.

No problems, just reliable.

> FreeBSD 4.x on these puppies...  Drive recommendations appreciated as well.

We're using IBM DDYS 9 and 18GB running FreeBSD 3.? upto 4.5 on them.
There are some problems with a specific Seagate HD, but this report was
filed and there are infos available (Intel Homepage).

> Dave

HTH, Oliver
--
-- http://www.nextra.de - INTERNET@WORK ----- oliver.blasnik@nextra.de --
 Nextra Deutschland     | Oliver Blasnik      Senior System Administrator