Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:13:55 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>
To:        David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: isp driver crashes on amd64

David Gilbert wrote:
> I havn't got a dump yet because I have to reduce the memory in the
> machine (or patch the dump mechanism to dump more than 4G), but I have
> a fairly consistent crash with ISP in 5.3-RELEASE-amd64.
>
> It happens when drives are probed.  If drives are present at boot, the
> crash fingers geom_scan.  Connecting the drives to a running machine
> and running 'camcontrol rescan' fingers another function.
>
> But the crash doesn't occur unless drives are scanned.
>
> The controller is a 2340 from Qlogic, although it probes as a 2312.  I
> also havn't gotten around to probing this machine with an ia-32 load
> of the OS.
>
> I'll be back at this Monday.  It would help if I found a) a patch for
> dumping 8gig, or b) a suspect 64 bit problem in the isp driver.
>
> Dave.

Try updating to 5-STABLE.  This is likely due to bugs in the >4GB
handling for bounce buffers that I fixed recently.  Actually, on
closer look it might be that the isp driver is buggy also.  Well,
updating to 5-STABLE is a requirement here anyways, so give that a
try and let me know if it's still a problem.

Scott