Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 14:01:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where to place new crypt() files?

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Mark Murray wrote:

> Brandon Gillespie wrote:
> >      lib/libcrypt/blowfish.c
>
> Isn't Blowfish export-restricted?

I dont believe so, but I am still trying to dig up concrete information on
it and SHS (any help would be appreciated :)

> > And the file:
> >
> >      lib/libcrypt/crypt-des.c
>
> Also?

Yes, it is.. I was just including it in the same listing.

> > In addition to the -DDES_CRYPT flag to make is all that is required to
> > include DES crypt in the brew.  I really don't think duplicating all of
> > the above files in both lib/libcrypt and secure/src/lib/libcrypt is a good
> > idea...
>
> Good point.
>
> > Any suggestions?  The cleanest solution (imho) would be to have
> > secure/src/lib/libcrypt/[Makefile|crypt-des.c], and have the Makefile
> > create a softlink from secure/src/lib/libcrypt/crypt-des.c to
> > lib/libcrypt, then move to the lib/libcrypt directory and 'make
> > -DDES_CRYPT'
>
> Symlinks are not a good idea. Why do you not (ab)use .PATH: to find
> either the real or failing that a dummy crypt-des.c routine?

Hmm....

Actually, now that I look at your code again (as the makefile changes are
yours--but I have rewritten/cleaned up most of the other code (again)
since you last saw it) it looks as if this is what you _are_ doing... (I
was just a mite bit thrown off somewhere... hrm...)

*shrug*

Ok, i'll look into that..