Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:26:39 -0500
From:      Erik Osterholm <freebsd-lists-erik@erikosterholm.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why isn't ALTQ in GENERIC?

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if there are good reasons for explicitly leaving
ALTQ out of the kernel?  More specific to my circumstances, if I'm
building kernels to be installed on every machine we deploy, is it
worth building a separate kernel for ALTQ for those few boxes which
will require it?

Are there performance issues?  Stability issues?  Ultimately, I'm just
surprised that it's not available in GENERIC if there isn't a good
reason, but I can't find any documentation for that reason.

If you can answer the same question for IPSEC, that would be nice,
too!

Erik