Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:28:45 +0100
From:      Edwin Mons <e.mons@spcgroup.nl>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ep0 incorrectly probed

I downloaded the 2000/01/25 snapshot of current today.  When I booted
from floppy, this message showed up:

ep0: eeprom failed to come ready
(5 times)

and a NIC address of 0:0:0:0:0:0 was reported back.  When booting this
machine with 3.4-RELEASE, the correct NIC address is reported.  When
ifconfiging the interface, the machine hangs.  The kernel knows the
right ioport/irq, and works correctly with both 3.4-RELEASE and Windows
95.
I didn't install CURRENT on it, since I wanted to install it by FTP...

Quick info of the machine:

Pentium 100
P/I-P55SP4 rev 1.4 motherboard (SiS550x chipset)
32 MB RAM
3COM 509 ISA ethernet card (BNC)
Hercules Stingray 64 video

Edwin Mons