Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 1997 21:52:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
To:        "Frank.A" <avenger@inforamp.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Modem Setup

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, Frank.A wrote:

> I am wondering how to go about seting up my modem to dial up and make a PPP
> connection with an ISP.

This belongs on -questions, not -hackers.

>         I have a USR 33.6 Internal and at boot up it picks up on com 2 (sio1)
>
> I have been trying to use minicom to dial up but when I type minicom I get
> the message can not open /dev/modem.  file missing

# cd /dev
# ln -s cuaa1 modem

In English, that's: change directories to /dev, then create a symbolic
link from /dev/modem to /dev/cuaa1.

> I do not know exactly what to do.
>
> Can anyone help me setup my modem to make a PPP connection to an ISP.

That's a different issue, perhaps someone more familiar with PPP can help
you out.  Good luck, and welcome to the FreeBSD fold.

> Cheers,
>
> Frank.A

 Ben