Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 2001 22:03:04 GMT
From:      PEB@amleth.demon.co.uk (Paul E. Bennett)
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org

Hi,

I am new to the FreeBSD world and have a new blank laptop on which I am
aiming to place FreeBSD. However, I have enjoyed some playing with the
FICL boot-loader that is part of the PicoBSD floppy disk I obtained from
the web-site. I emailed Andrzej and he advised...

In message <Pine.BSF.4.20.0101070054390.16545-100000@mx.webgiro.com> Andrzej
Bialecki writes:

> Ehm.. This particular version is rather for showing off the Forth
> capabilities of the bootloader, and not to provide very useful Unix
> system.. Also, all versions on the Web site are very old - I resigned from
> maintaining them, and most of the support is available through
> freebsd-small@freebsd.org mailing list.

[%X]

> I'd suggest reading the archives of freebsd-small.

Therefore I would appreciate joining in with the discussions here and
obtaining pointers to some of the archives.

For the record, the new laptop is:-

  Dell Inspiron 3800
  128Mb memory (DIMM)
  12Gb HDD
  2 PCMCIA slots
  IrDa port
  Comms Port
  USB port
  CD-ROM
  FDD (on printer port)
  ECP/EPP/Printer port
  Extension bus.
  Trackpad mouse+

I plan to use a Silicom SEM33 Ethermodem module in the PCMICIA for
network and phone communications facilities.

Paul E. Bennett ....................<email://peb@amleth.demon.co.uk>
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy .....<http://www.amleth.demon.co.uk/>;
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972 .........NOW AVAILABLE:- HIDECS COURSE......
Tel: +44 (0)1235-814586 .... see http://www.feabhas.com for details.