Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 1995 09:38:40 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        HOSOKAWA Tatsumi <hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Another small nitpick [was Re: Revised version of "Giant Step" GIF]

On Tue, 7 Mar 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> [ Yes, I'm waiting for the airport shuttle and trying to think up useless
>   things to do in the interim! :-) ]

    There's dedication for ya.  ;-)

> I also notice that it's kind of hard to orient the footprint and the

    Does the daemon only have one leg or something?  Where's the other
footprint?  I lose sleep at night wondering where it is.  ;-)  Another
minor point:  if the daemon climbs down ladders like everyone else does,
wouldn't his feet point the other way?

    Jordan, you mentioned something about the border around the picture
in another message.  I wonder how it would look if the picture was
expanded to the full size of the page, with the slogan ("*One* Giant
Step...", not "*A* Giant Step..."!!!  :) ) overlaid right on top of the
graphic.  What to do in that extra space?  For the bottom half, just
extend the lunar surface some more.  For the top half, extend the shadow
right down to the daemon's feet.  That means the picture will include
*just* the tops of his sneakers, standing there in the dirt.  I think
that would look pretty nifty.  Oh, the top slogan will obscure that part,
but it can moved to the bottom of the poster with the "FreeBSD 2.1" part.

    BTW, have we discarded the idea of including the daemon himself along
with the lunar horizon, Earth and sun?  Nice touch with the camera
gridpoints too.  Real NASA-like.  :)
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org