Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 1996 08:32:41 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Graichen <graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de>
To:        hansen@ull.rdc.toshiba.co.jp
Cc:        bugs@freebsd.org, tkelley@cy.com, graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de
Subject:   Re: Ver 2.1R install: unrecognized ATAPI cdrom

hasn't hansen@ull.rdc.toshiba.co.jp said ? ...

> >atapi.flp is configured for first controller/slave only
>
> Really?  My IDE CDROM is working fine on the second controller.  Here
> is my dmesg for it:
> .
> wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
> wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-5302TA/1095>, removable, intr, iordy
> wcd0: 689Kb/sec, 256Kb cache, audio play, 255 volume levels, ejectable tray
> wcd0: 120mm data disc loaded, unlocked
> .
> It didn't work "out-of-the-box" though.  I had to compile a custom
> kernel with the wd2 and wd3 disks commented out or it would try
> to recognize my CDROM as a 0MB disk.

i only said that atapi.flp is configured that way (commented out wd1)

                                                   __||
  Perfection is reached, not when there is no  __||     thomas graichen
  longer anything to add, but when there   __||    freie universitaet berlin
  is no longer anything to take away   __||           fachbereich physik
                                   __||
  - Antoine de Saint-Exupery - __||        graichen@mail.physik.fu-berlin.de