Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:12:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "B. Richardson" <rabtter@aye.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I want to break binary compatibility.

I have a problem with some hackers that are obsessed with making my
ISP's life miserable (they've already hacked our SGI). I've slapped
together a FreeBSD box to throw their webpages on it, turned off all
services except http.

The hackers have expressed intent to break into our machines at
any opportunity (they seem to be infuriated that we intervened and
was able to keep a couple of services up on our SGI).

The hackers relentlessly attacked our machine every time we tried to
bring our SGI online for a 48 hour stretch, and I believe that are
going to try to break into our new machines with the same fervor.

What I want to do, if possible is build a uniq system such that binaries
from other systems will not run on it and vice versa. Is this possible?

-

Barrett Richardson        rabtter@orion.aye.net