Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 2000 10:05:25 -0600
From:      mdickerson@officeonweb.net
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   openssl/apachemodssl

Due to some errors in an older openssl implementation, I just upgraded to
openssl-0.9.5a_1.

This is all fine and dandy but now (the former errors went away - woohoo!)
but :

Now mod_ssl on apache doesn't work (greater definition: upon
#/usr/local/sbin/apachectl startssl, I am prompted for the password, it
claims to start but doesn't. /var/log/apache_error_log claims it started
fine - NOT. /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start works just fine so I'm up but
not secure).

Has anyone made this particular blunder? (and will admit to it)?
(it actually was important enough to do - not really anything on the box
yet, at least I believe that now ;)

I'm not so good w/ crypto anything (unfortunately, too much on my plate
right now), so I'm not sure how hosed I am. I'm hoping a mod_ssl re-install
will fix things up. I have copies of all my ssl keys. Will I have to redo
certificates? Does anyone know this one?

Any suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated,

Mike Dickerson