Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 20:03:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@megaweapon.zigg.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   routing problem?

After messing with PPP over TCP for some time and almost blaming PPP for it,
I stumbled upon a rather odd quirk.  First of all, should the following be
happening in a routing table:

Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use     Netif Expire
192.168            192.168.250.1      UGSc        0       23      tun0

when the route is actually 192.168.0.0/24 to 192.168.250.1?

I ask this because after messing with this for several days, I found out
that if I do

$ route add 192.168.0.1 192.168.250.1

then it works!  Great, but the reason I'm doing PPP over TCP in the first
place is to link two geographically separated LAN's cheaply.

Am I doing something wrong?