Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:23:21 -0500
From:      Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To:        rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        security-officer@FreeBSD.ORG, "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD-security@FreeBSD.ORG, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sftp for windows clients

Hello people who work with security, documentation, and FreeBSD in general.

Today I was poking around sftp.  Upon my browsing I noticed that a
really neat program known as SafeTP was developed at Berkeley.  This
utility seems to attach itself to ANY ftp client in windows/unix and
provide a secure connection...  My few moments of testing pointed out to
me that it works in windows easily, so newbies can use it with say WS_ftp.

Though I lack the time to document this now, it appears to me that some
people may have an interest in things like this, Robert Watson for
example, because of the Trusted BSD project.

I hope this does not come off as unwanted email, but just helps people
involved in the use of FreeBSD.  This program should probly be
documented or at least linked on the site.  The link for this program is:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~smcpeak/SafeTP/

Take care all!

--
Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes