Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 09:05:44 -0700
From:      "John Howie" <JHowie@msn.com>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, "James Wyatt" <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>, "Brett Glass" <brett@lariat.org>, "Chris D . Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>, <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ftpd bug in FreeBSD through at least 3.4

Kris,

Your response is so indicative of the many reasons why so many people do not
volunteer to help out on FreeBSD or any other open-source project. The 'we'
I refer to is the community, of course. However, in FreeBSD the community
seems to be who a few self-designated despots say who its members are, all
others are considered free-loaders and trouble makers.

I have never, in all my years of UNIX experience, seen such in-fighting and
bickering as I have on these lists. Please, do me and everyone else a favor,
and don't reply unless you have something useful or constructive to say. I
think I'll just sit back and become a freeloader.

john...