Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:02:34 +0900
From:      Cyril Niklaus <cynik@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newcard, /dev/card0 missing?

On Mardi, janvier 21, 2003, at 02:57 PM, I wrote:
(bad form to follow-up oneself, sorry)
[snip]
> /usr/src/sys/dev/wi/if_wi.c:2580: undefined reference to
> `ieee80211_dump_pkt'
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/OLDCARD.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
>
> Seems like I'm not gonna go very far today.

A duh and a recompile afterwards, I have to thank Mark Sergeant for
pointing the obvious out, ie I'd forgotten to add the wlan device to
OLDCARD, which I mistakently thought only mattered to NEWCARD.
So this took care of the OLDCARD kernel, and therefore putting an end
to these startup messages of cbb:
cbb0: bad Vcc request. ctrl=0x0, status=0x30000b10
cbb_power: CARD_VCC_0V and CARD_VPP_0V [44]
cbb0: bad Vcc request. ctrl=0x33, status=0x30000b10
cbb_power: CARD_VCC_3V and CARD_VPP_VCC [11]
whose meaning I would like to know.

The card still will not re-associate itself with the base station after
sleeping though (which is one of the other problem I have, but it is
very minor).

Sorry about all that,
Cyril