Date:      Sat, 22 Aug 1998 10:03:55 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        rabtter@aye.net (B. Richardson)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I want to break binary compatibility.

B. Richardson wrote:
> What I want to do, if possible is build a uniq system such that binaries
> from other systems will not run on it and vice versa. Is this possible?

Since you have all the sources to the kernel, you have control over what
executable formats the kernel will recognize. Why not try your own binary
format that differs in a way known only by you? You could create a tool
that converts an aout or elf executable into your proprietary format.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137