Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 23:58:50 +0100
From:      "Stuart Duckworth" <ITServices@cableinet.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, Help Victims <fight_terrorism@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Helping victims of terror

Sir,

I am a Briton, many of whose countrymen suffered yesterday in the
attacks on New York, Washington and what other places?

I understand your anger that some people should celebrate the
atrocity that was visited on some of your and my countrymen.  I
should point out that the scenes of people celebrating were chosen
by the news editors of the media concerned and that they may
have had an agenda to pursue.  I should also point out that
subsequently on the t.v. media here in Britain Arabs have been
interviewed who share your, my and, I hope all humane people's
revulsion at the barbaric acts of yesterday.

When you react as you have you put yourself in danger of
becoming like the people who commited the cowardly deeds
against the people of New York, Washington and all others who
were targetted.  Yours is a position of prejudice based upon limited
and probably biassed information.

I urge you to reconsider.  Not all of the people of Egypt or Palestine
share the jubilation of those who were featured on television.  It
would be as wrong to target the innocent of those countries as it
was for the terrorists to target the innocent USA and other
nationals who were killed and injured yesterday.

To the subscribers to this List I apologise for posting this off topic
item.  I hope you will forgive me.  I feel it was necessary in view of
the enormity of the events of the last two days and the danger of
slipping into ill advised actions.

Stuart Duckworth