Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2001 17:18:20 -0700
From:      Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   [faber@ISI.EDU: Re: Card eject patch]

--PMULwz+zIGJzpDN9

Warner, have you had a chance to look into this?  (I realize that with
the level of chaos in the world, the answer may be no...)

----- Forwarded message from Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU> -----

From: Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:12:38 -0700
To: Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc: mobile@freebsd.org, Ian Dowse <iedowse@freebsd.org>
Subject: Re: Card eject patch

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 10:54:28AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <20010913092411.D42961@ted.isi.edu> Ted Faber writes:
> : Even with this patch and a -stable from yesterday, things lock hard on
> : card insert or removal on my Fujitsu C-5130 if either the sound driver
> : (snd_ds1) or the usb driver (usb) is loaded.  They share irq 9 with
> : the pcic.  I've mentioned the problem before with a bunch of debug
> : output, which I'll cheerfully regather if you need it.  (I'm the
> : fellow who lost his power supply for a week while on travel).
> :=20
> : Let me know if I can help.
>=20
> OK.  I've known about your problems.  I asked a little while ago if
> you'd tried ISA interrupts, but hadn't heard back an answer.

I realize you're juggling a bunch, and as I said, I disappeared for a
while, sorry.  I thought I responded, but I may have done so from my
home address which failed to correlate.  In any case:

> 	hw.pcic.intr_path=3D1
> 	hw.pcic.irq=3D0

That's the current configuration I'm using.

$ sysctl -a | grep pcic
hw.pcic.irq: 0
hw.pcic.ignore_function_1: 0
hw.pcic.intr_path: 1
hw.pcic.init_routing: 1
machdep.pccard.pcic_resume_reset: 1

Toggling hw.pcic.init_routing has no effect - cards work until usb or
snd_ds1 is loaded, then the next insert/remove locks the machine
tight.

----- End forwarded message -----

--PMULwz+zIGJzpDN9

--PMULwz+zIGJzpDN9--