Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 17:05:56 -0500
From:      "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
To:        "Roelof Osinga" <roelof@eboa.com>, "Rasputin" <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
Cc:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: What gives?

The most common thing I find is leftovers, like a Makefile.inc or a work
directory, do a make clean on them, I periodically do a make clean in
/usr/ports.  I know there is probably a more efficient way to do it, but I
just let it go for a while.  You could also do it before you install
somethings, just do a make clean install, because it also cleans the
dependencies.