Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 12:32:09 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   last make world broke color support in mutt running in a color xterm

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

In the main mail display mutt now only displays *one* e-mail
in color (yellow on black with a red bar) the rest of the
window is black between the upper and lower status bar.

O.k., now where I copy and paste from one xterm to the other,
you see the other messages:

Look here, on startup of mutt mail message 125-147 is hidden..

|q:Ende  d:L=F6sch. u:Behalten s:Speichern m:Senden r:Antw. g:Antw.alle  ?:=
Hil

| 148 N   Feb 16 miss            ( 382) =CD=F8=C2=E7=C3=C0=C3=BC=B4=F3=B1=
=C8=C6=B4

|---Mutt: =3Djunk [Msgs:172 New:12 Post:5  1.5M]---(threads)-----------(90%=
)--

I didn't change my configuration, so I assume something has
been broken during my last make world ...

my setup:

1. Configure color support in mutt like this:

color hdrdefault red black
color quoted black white
color signature white blue
color indicator brightyellow red
color error brightred black
color status yellow blue
color message brightcyan black
color markers brightcyan black
color attachment brightmagenta black
color search black green        # how to hilite search patterns in the pager
color header brightred black ^(From|Subject):
color body magenta black "(ftp|http)://[^ ]+"           # point out URLs
color body magenta black [-a-z_0-9.]+@[-a-z_0-9.]+      # e-mail addresses
color underline brightgreen black

2. call mutt in a color xterm
xterm -T inbox +cm -geometry 80x34 -tn xterm-color -fn 10x20 -cr red -e mutt

I recompiled mutt after "make world", but this doesn't change anything.

Any idea ? Or did somebody fix color support, that it breaks my
setup which ran o.k. with some buggy environment ??? ;-))

	Andreas ///

--=20
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 4.2 SMP
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU--