Date:      Fri, 08 Aug 1997 00:07:24 -0500
From:      Wm Brian McCane <root@bmccane.uit.net>
To:        Alan Batie <batie@agora.rdrop.com>
Cc:        Jakob Alvermark <jakob@teligent.se>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Secure connection

Not exactly on topic, but close....

I have a customer that wants to set up a secure connection between 2 locations
in Kansas.  The driving factor for this is that they have decided that they
MUST have a WAN between their 6 offices (soon to be 5), and the connection to
this one little location costs more than the other 4 combined.  Anyway, what I
am wanting to do is give them a VPN, with a low-grade of encryption.  (Nothing
fancy, the tunneling will slow down the curious, and nothing stops the
determined ;).  I was wondering if anyone has a way to do this in FreeBSD so I
don't have to recommend using NT.  I pictured something like the ipdivert/natd
combination, except that the daemon I divert to would set up a connection to
the far end and pass ALL messages along to him.  Any suggestions?

	brian