Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:43:49 GMT
From:      Michael Hayes <mike09785@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   misc/98869: growisofs - dual layer dvd

>Number:         98869
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       growisofs - dual layer dvd
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I am using K3b to burn a DVD+R dual layer via dvd+rw-tools 6.0. Unfortunately, whenever I hit burn the DVD spins up, then spins back down with the following error in the debug output of K3b:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/cd1=DVD.iso -speed=2
Executing 'builtin_dd if=DVD.iso of=/dev/pass1 obs=32k seek=0'
/dev/pass1: splitting layers at 1992528 blocks
:-[ SEND DVD+R DOUBLE LAYER RECORDING INFORMATION failed with
SK=2h/ASC=04h/ACQ=01h]: Resource temporarily unavailable

Here are my system specs:

Chaintech VNF4/Ultra mobo w/RAID0 turned on for boot/data drives
2x Seagate 80GB drives (SATA)
Lite-ON SOHW-832S DVD+R dual layer burner
Lite-ON SOHW-1633S DVD+R dual layer burner (converted with firmware to Sony DRU-710A)
Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS sound card
480W Antec Neo power supply
Shuttle 6-in-1 media reader
APC BX1500 battery backup (apcupsd installed)

I am using current nve drivers (I am one of the unlucky souls who could not use 6.0-RELEASE because of my ethernet card), and atapicam is turned on in the kernel. I am also using an SMP config. Other than that, the configs are based on the GENERIC kernel. Ports is from 6.1-RELEASE. All programs installed are from ports.
>How-To-Repeat:
Go to K3b, and try to burn any ISO that requires a double layer DVD.
>Fix:
I'm thinking this is a problem with the SCSI IOCTL driver, so possibly a fix can be found in there?