Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:22:54 -0400
From:      Jerry Hicks <jhicks@glenatl.glenayre.com>
To:        Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com>
Cc:        Jerry Hicks <jerry_hicks@bigfoot.com>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: picoBSD and -STABLE

> On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Jerry Hicks wrote:
>
> > Or should I ask: is the current approach to generating picoBSD-2.2.5 too
> > intertwined with RELEASE-2.2.5 to make this feasible without major
> > overhaul? (Our RELEASE-2.2.5 boxes are long gone).
>
> it is intertwined. building the same scripts on 2.2.6 would need some
> changes, as i recently discovered.

But not too badly... I managed to come up with a working picoBSD after some
really *ugly* post-midnight hackery  :-)

> > I seem to have gotten pretty close simply by removing lynx from the dial
> > configuration.  It boots with a few diagnostic messages from the startup
> > script; trying to run `fsck' on wd0s1a (!)
>
> sure you didnt change anything is /etc/fstab ?

Yeah... think so.  I shouldn't try to do configuration so late at night.

Our application doesn't need disk access so I pulled it out (/dev/wdX)

I left the kernel config line referencing wd0 and added the MFS_AUTOLOAD
directive.

I'll get this cleaned up and email the diffs.

Tastes great... Less filling

Thanks,

Jerry Hicks
jhicks@glenatl.glenayre.com