Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:47:26 -0400
From:      "Gerald T. Freymann" <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        "Brian Tong" <btong@mindspring.com>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>

> Please add me to the FreeBSD stable mailing list.

 Um, try going here first:  http://www.freebsd.org/

 Under the "SUPPORT" category is a link called "Mailing Lists" that will
take you here:

 Now, if you click on the first two words in the paragraph "Mailing lists"
you go here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html

After you read the introduction, this section C.1.2. How to Subscribe
appears.

    subscribe <listname> [<optional address>]

in the body of your message

Sounds pretty easy to me. You just have to click a few buttons and read a
few paragraphs.

-gf